Breathalyzer Blog

Can a U.S. Citizen be Denied Entry into Canada if They Have a DUI?

posted by Shawn | 27 August 2015

Yes, it is indeed true! Anyone with a DWI/DUI conviction is considered to be "inadmissible" and may denied entrance to Canada. In fact, anyone with a criminal record may be denied entrance into the country.

If at least five years have passed since the original conviction date, a person may become eligible to enter the county by applying for (and receiving approval) for 'individual criminal rehabilitation.’ This option involves an application, a fee and other requirements.

In addition, if at least ten years have passed since the completed conviction sentence date, a person may be deemed rehabilitated and permitted to enter the country.

1 Comment

Great article Larry. The only thing one can put in one’s mouth to ptlantieloy reduce a breath test result is to rinse one’s mouth with clean water and spit it out a couple times. The could reduce the affects of mouth alcohol and reduce a number on a PAS or other preliminary breath testing device. Other than that, anything put in the mouth will ptlantieloy increase the numeric estimations of those devices.


Post Comment

Sign up for our newsletter for updates and offers